A great winter vegetable, perfect with roast turkey. This simple dish can be made the day before. Gently warmed, covered in a moderate oven or microwave.
- 1.5 kg celeriac (1.2kg peeled)
- 600 ml pint whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- Cut the peeled celeriac in quarters, and then slice into thin slices about half a centimetre thick.
- Place into a large saucepan cover with water and a couple of teaspoons of salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes; this helps soften the vegetables and gives a much nicer result. Drain well
- Carefully cover the bottom of a 20cm x 30cm x 5cm deep baking dish with pieces of the celeriac, overlapping quite generously. Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the crushed garlic.
- Continue layering until all the celeriac is used up.
- Bring the cream to a boil and then pour over the celeriac carefully. Pop into the preheated oven and cook for about 40 minutes until well coloured and reduced.
- Remove from the oven, keep warm, or cool quickly, wrap in cling film and reheat the next day.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket