- 3 large Bramley cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped roughly
- 100 cider vinegar
- 100 g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 250 ml large glass dry white wine
- 100 ml Whisky
- 1 organic gulten-free vegetable stock cube (Kallo)
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 pinch ground allspice
- 8 partridge breasts
- 8 large slices of air dried ham
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 55 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the apples, vinegar, sugar, wine and whiskey, stock cube, turmeric and allspice into a pan.
- Place on the stove and bring to boil.
- Cover and turn down the heat, and then cook slowly until thick and reduced, stirring from time to time.
- You may need to add a little water if the compote becomes too thick and dry.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then add the butter.
- Cook until nice and pulpy, but not too smooth.
- Meanwhile, season the breasts well with salt and pepper.
- Next, wrap the breasts in the air-dried ham.
- Heat a small frying or grill pan.
- Oil the wrapped breasts, then pan-fry for 5-6 minutes gently on each side, remove, cover and leave to rest for 8-9 minutes. They must be pink, not overcooked.
- Serve the warm compote in the middle of a bowl, then top with 2 breasts sliced, with a little game sauce over the top.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
Char Grilled Partridge with Bramley Apple & Whisky Compote
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.