Crème Brûlées comes in all kinds of guises these days, and this is one of them truly divine!
- 2 x 11cm x 5cm deep bowls
- 400 g Ambrosia readymade custard, at room temperature
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 50 g sugar, approx (see weight of whites first)
- Preheat the oven to 160C gas 3.
- Pour the custard into a bowl and microwave until warm but not hot. Whisk in the egg yolks and pour into 2 small bowls.
- Place the bowls into a small shallow pan or tray and pour in boiling water halfway up the bowls.
- Cover with a lid or foil and CAREFULLY place into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes, until just set and wobbly, don't rush this part.
- Once it has only just set, remove, cool and chill well.
- When it is chilled, spread over a very thin layer of caster sugar, melt with a torch, add a second thin layer and melt with a torch again.
- Weigh the whites, and then weigh double the amount of sugar to whites.
- Whisk the egg whites until foamy with a pinch of cream of tartar, then add half the sugar, whisk until glossy, finally whisk in the rest of the sugar.
- Pile onto the top of the creme and bake in a hot oven or torch carefully.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel syrup.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket