This is a great way to get perfect Paella quickly and easily.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ tsp paprika, optional
- 350 g long grain rice
- 200 g frozen chicken strips, defrosted and cooked
- 500 g frozen jumbo prawns
- 600 ml boiling water, roughly
- 1.5 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- only a little salt needed
- freshly milled black pepper
- 2 pots fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6
- Heat the oil, and then add the onions, garlic, and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes, so the pepper releases its colour slightly, add ½ tsp paprika to help that.
- Next, add the rice and coat well in the oil and onion.
- Then add the chicken pieces and the prawns, then mix really well.
- Next, add the boiling water, stock cube, tomato puree, a little salt and pepper and really mix well.
- Bring back to the boil, cover with a tight-fitting lid and then pop into the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the lid and stir well.
- Recover and leave for 10 minutes, then serve with a sprinkling of parsley.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket