- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- 0.5 tsp paprika, optional
- 350 g long grain rice
- 200 g frozen chicken strips, defrosted and cooked
- 500 g frozen jumbo prawns
- 600 boiling water, roughly
- 1.5 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- only a little salt needed
- freshly milled black pepper
- 2 pots fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil, and then add the onions, garlic, and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the pepper releases its colour slightly. Add ½ tsp paprika to help that along.
- Next, add the rice and coat well in the oil and onion.
- Then, add the chicken pieces and prawns mix really well.
- Next, add the boiling water, stock cube, tomato puree, a little salt and pepper and really mix well.
- Bring back to a boil cover with a tight-fitting lid, and put into the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the lid and stir well.
- Leave for 10 minutes with the lid on serve with a sprinkling of parsley.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket