- 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 25 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 300 ml full fat milk, boiled and hot
- 100 g Mascarpone cheese
- 60 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 60 g other cheese, Parmesan or Double Gloucester
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350 g Cooked Farfalle, Rigatoni or Penne
- Rigatoni or Penne
- a little grated cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 220 C, Gas 7.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, so they soften. Cool.
- Heat the butter until melted, and add the flour to form a roux. Gradually add the hot milk stirring all the time until you have a nice sauce consistency. Next, stir in the onions and garlic.
- Pour the hot sauce into a bowl, add the Mascarpone, cheddar, other cheese, cooked pasta and parsley; season well, and mix.
- Pour into a ceramic baking dish, top with a little grated cheese, then place onto a baking tray (this helps to catch any bubbling cheese sauce, keeping your oven clean).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes to brown all over. Cool slightly, then serve with a green salad and garlic bread.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket