- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, washed really well and very finely sliced
- dash water
- 35 g butter, softened
- 30 g plain flour
- 300 ml milk
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 175 g unpasteurised Gorwydd Caerphilly cheese, half grated half cut into 1/2cm cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pieces of sourdough
- olive oil
- Warm the olive oil and add the leeks, and a little water, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften. Then drain well in a colander.
- Place the milk, stock cube into a pan bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter and flour together to form a paste.
- Once the milk is boiling, turn down the heat to a simmer, whisk in the butter and flour mixture, and cook for 1 minute. The sauce needs to be nice and thick.
- Add the mustard and pepper.
- Take off the heat and stir in 3/4 of the cheese and the warm leeks.
- Slice the bread on a long angle, then brush with a little olive oil.
- Griddle or toast the bread, then serve the leeks spooned over, sprinkle over a little more cheese.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket