This is a great salad to take on a picnic or, fingers crossed for the weather, a barbecue; keep it chilled until ready to eat. As the chef, you can chop and change the main ingredients: chicken or salmon, or make it vegetarian.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 small lime
- 100 g quinoa, cooked and drained
- ¼ large fresh red chilli
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally (including the green part)
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp edamame beans or peas, cooked
- 20 g dried sour cherries, cranberries or sultanas
- a small handful of parsley or coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 150 g cooked chicken, thinly sliced or pulled from the legs of leftover poached or roasted chicken
- spinach and watercress or micro salad leaves
- freshly milled black pepper
- Whisk together the oil, Dijon mustard and lime juice. Fluff up the quinoa with a fork in a large bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients, except the chicken, then add the mustard dressing. You can mix the chicken with the other ingredients if you like. Otherwise, it looks nicer if you put the sliced chicken on top to serve.
- Season well with black pepper and a few more herbs.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket