Great lunch box food for the kids, even better for adults. These chewy bars are studded with good things. Just mix all the ingredients and bake.
- 150 g butter
- 55 g dark brown soft sugar
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 250 g porridge oats
- 100 g dried cranberries and cherries
- 250 g ready-to-eat apricots, sliced
- 85 g pumpkin seeds
- 85 g sunflower seeds
- you will also need a 18 x 28cm (8"x11") baking tin, lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and sugar together over low heat.
- Add the condensed milk and golden syrup. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, dried cranberries, cherries, apricots and 50g of the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Press into the prepared tin, then lightly press on the remaining seeds. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 12 bars.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket