- 280 g Gluten-Free flour mix
- 200 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum, level
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g dried cherries
- 100 g green pistachios
- 1 egg, for egg wash and rice flour for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C 325F Gas 3.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, xanthan gum and salt, very thoroughly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and use a stiff spoon to beat the mixture well. Finally, add the cherries and the pistachios. Depending on the flour, add a drop more water if the mixture is dry; you want a soft dough that holds its shape.
- Flour your hands, divide the dough in half and shape it into two equal rolls, roughly 30cm x 5cm. Sprinkle with flour if the dough is sticky.
- Place both dough rolls onto the baking sheet and brush well with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until pale golden and set.
- Remove from the oven and place the baking sheet on a rack to cool slightly for about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a chopping board and slice into 1½ cm 3/4 slices.
- Place back onto the baking sheet and re-bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket