- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 800 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 100 g cubed pancetta or bacon lardons
- 2 small onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small leek, finely chopped and washed really well
- 1 small swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 600 mls boiling water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tbsp thyme, fresh, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced in 0.5 cm pieces blanched in boiling water for 3-4 minutes
- 3 tbsp melted butter, roughly
- ½ tsp pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c, Gas mark 4
- Heat the oil in a 25cm x 12cm deep saucepan. Then add the chicken and bacon lardons, brown really well - this will take a few minutes, then remove.
- Next, add the vegetables and stir well. Add the flour to soak up any excess fat from the meat. Then add the boiling water and sprinkle in the stock cube and the thyme.
- Spoon out half of the vegetables into a bowl. Top the other half of the vegetables with the chicken, then spoon the rest of the vegetables back on top to cover.
- Lay the par-boiled potato slices over the chicken and vegetables overlapping slightly and press down. Glaze with the butter, then dust well with pepper.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for about 40 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and serve
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket