- 460 g chicken breast, (4 x breast) free of skin
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp cornflour, or any starch
- 6 tbsp dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 75 g unsalted butter
For the Dressing
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp any vinegar
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4-6 salted anchovy fillets
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil, roughly
- touch cold water, approx.
- pinch freshly milled black pepper
- 8 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crispy
- 2 medium tomatoes, ripe tasty tomatoes, sliced
- 4 sesame burger buns
- 150 g croutons, optional
- 1 Little Gem lettuce
- 75 g Parmesan cheese, long shaved
- Place the egg yolks, garlic, vinegar, black pepper, mustard, anchovy, and blitz in a liquidiser until smooth.
- Then add the oil in a thin stream to emulsify.
- Add a little water to let down to the right consistency.
- Check the seasoning.
- The dressing should coat the leaves nicely but not be too thick. Make sure the lettuce is well-drained.
- If the dressing is too thick, add a touch of water.
- Whisk the egg white and cornflour together really well.
- Add the chicken slices and coat well.
- Drain well and dust each side of each chicken breast with a few breadcrumbs, pat down well.
- Heat the oil and butter. Sauté the slices of chicken until just cooked for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, keep warm.
- Once cooked, pop the chicken into a bowl with a few lettuce leaves, bacon pieces, a few croutons and Parmesan slices. Mix lightly with the dressing.
- Place the chicken, lettuce and tomatoes into a toasted burger bun, layered nicely.
- Serve with skinny fries.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket