- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red onions, VERY thinly sliced
- 14 slices pickled jalapeños
- 200 g strong Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 g wafer thin chicken
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime
- 8 large soft wraps
- Gently fry the onion and chilli in the oil until soft and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Divide the ingredients between the 4 four wraps.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese onto one half of a wrap.
- Place the chicken and more cheese on top.
- Blob on the mayonnaise, coriander, jalapeno and a squeeze of lime.
- Top with the second tortilla.
- Lay one tortilla into a non-stick frying pan and spoon a ¼ of the mix over evenly.
- Top with a second tortilla and place the tortilla on a medium heat to start the cooking process.
- Cut a piece of baking parchment to fit snugly on the top tortilla.
- Gently heat a second frying pan and then place it on top of the baking parchment, so you cook from above and below. You can pop the pans into a hot oven to cook through if you want.
- You may need to reheat the top pan a couple of times to warm through thoroughly.
- Alternately you can cook in a quesadilla cooker.
- Lift the cooked quesadilla, cut and eat.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket