- 1 tbsp any oil
- 150 g finely chopped cooking chorizo
- 4 large skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 6 small pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225 g long grain rice
- 600 ml boiling water
- 2 x chicken Oxo cubes
- 6 frozen spinach pellets
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 75 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp any vinegar
- 2 ripe fresh tomatoes, cut in halves, seeds squeezed out
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan, add the chorizo and cook for a couple of minutes to release a little oil. Then add the chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rice, stir well, then add the water, and sprinkle over the stock cubes.
- Season well, then bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Place the six frozen spinach pellets onto the top of the rice and gently push down to sit in the liquid.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid or foil, and cook in the oven for 14-16 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leaves to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blitz with a stick blender the parsley, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and vine tomatoes until smooth.
- Just before serving, spoon over half the dressing and JUST fold through.
- Serve in 4 deep bowls, then spoon over the remainder of the dressing evenly.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket