Everyone loves a fajita: here's a fast and easy version that's lighter on the calories.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, (about 100g each) any fat removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 small red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow or orange pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 4 small multi grain or wholemeal tortillas
For the Salsa
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 spring onion, trimmed
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded
- bunch small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves only
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put the chicken into a small polythene food bag with the spices and shake to coat all over.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken strips and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red onions and peppers and sauté for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Wash and finely chop the tomatoes, spring onion, red chilli and coriander leaves. Mix in with the lemon juice to taste in a small bowl.
- Wrap the tortillas in clingfilm and warm in the microwave for about 1 minute until soft and piping hot.
- Divide the warm chicken fajita mix between the wraps and then spoon over a little salsa.
- Roll up each tortilla and cut in half, then serve with any remaining salsa spooned alongside
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket