Chicken kebabs with sweet and sour peanut dipping sauce is a delicious and savoury dish that is sure to be a hit at any gathering. The chicken is marinated in a blend of spices and then grilled to perfection. If you're looking for a crowd-pleasing dish that's easy to make and packed with flavour, chicken kebabs with sweet and sour peanut dipping sauce is definitely worth a try.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed and cut into 4-5cm pieces
- 2 large red onions, peeled and cut into chunky pieces
- 2 red peppers, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt, 0% fat-free
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 115 g peanut butter
- pinch chilli powder
- 8-10 tbsp water
- juice 1 fresh lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Place 4 tbsp of yoghurt, pepper and fresh coriander onto the chicken and leave for 15 minutes.
- Next, cut the onion into smallish pieces and place into a saucepan along with the peppers and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then drain well straight away.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, interleaving with the cooled onions, then chill well.
- Place the peanut butter, chilli, water, lemon, honey, ketchup and vinegar into a small saucepan and gently heat until you have a rich sauce consistency, then keep warm.
- Gently grill the kebabs on the barbecue or in a large frying pan with minimal salt and pepper.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, brushing with a third of the sauce that you have separated.
- Serve hot with the reserved dipping sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket