Chicken and cider are a great combination and the addition of almonds for a little crunch and apples for a little sweetness, finished off with some double cream makes this a great supper dish.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 300 ml dry cider
- pinch sugar
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Cox's apples
- 150 ml double cream
- 25 g browned flaked almonds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken into 1cm cubes (including the skin). Place the cider, sugar and chicken stock in a pan and bring to the boil then simmer rapidly until thick and syrupy.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan or wok. When the oil starts to smoke add the chicken and stir fry for about 10 minutes, adding a little salt and pepper.
- When cooked tip into a colander and drain.
- Meanwhile peel the apples then cut each one into six pieces and take out the core, then cut each piece in half.
- Add the cream to the cider reduction and bring to the boil, add the apples and cook for 1 minute, no longer.
- Add the chicken and almonds to the sauce and stir to coat then season again. Serve with couscous and broccoli.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket