- 5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- a few crushed white peppercorns
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced finely
- 100 ml cold water
- a few celery leaves
- 4 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 150 g hot melted unsalted butter, approx.
- 6 tbsp chives, very finely chopped
- Place the vinegar, water, shallot, celery and peppercorns into a saucepan and bring to a boil and reduce by ⅔rds.
- Start whisking the egg yolks and strain on the hot vinegar mixture. It’s crucial to whisk the mix quickly over a pan of simmering water until very thick and foamy.
- Once cooked and thick, gradually add the melted, hot butter until light and fluffy.
- Season well with salt and lemon juice. Add the chives just before serving to keep their colour and flavour.
- Keep warm but not hot.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket