- 175 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 250 g milk chocolate
- 1 tsp coffee granules, heaped, let down with 1 tbsp hot water
- 290 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 pinch salt
- 3 medium free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 325 g caster sugar
- 175 g toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C, Gas 4.
- Brush a 23cm square baking dish with melted butter and sprinkle with a little flour.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Place the butter, chocolate and coffee into a bowl and melt over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for about 2 minutes, add the melted chocolate mixture slowly and mix well.
- Finally, add the flour, baking powder, salt and crushed hazelnuts and mix slowly until incorporated. Do not overwork.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until risen and set. When a knife is inserted, the blade should come out very slightly uncooked.
- The brownie should be very moist and soft.
- Cool, then turn out, cut into small squares and dust heavily with icing sugar. These can then be reheated gently in a microwave or eaten cold.
- Serve with fudge sauce and ice cream or thick double cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket