Try these simple biscuits, perfect for edible gifts for Christmas... wrap them in cellophane and box them up with ribbon. The kids will love to help too!
- 125 g block margarine
- 100 g dark soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 300 g plain flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C 350 F Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the margarine, brown sugar and condensed milk together. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Sieve together the remaining dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the syrupy mixture.
- Bring the dough together with a spoon first, then kneed gently with clean hands.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin (or thicker if you like).
- Cut shapes out. Gently re-knead and roll the remaining dough to make about 10-12 biscuits (it makes less if the dough is thicker).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Cool the biscuits on a rack. Decorate as desired.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket