Fancy a change from the traditional Christmas Pudding?Love chocolate?Love Cherries? Then read on...
- 100 g glace cherries, cut into halves
- 50 g sultanas
- 50 g currants
- 50 g raisins
- 1 medium green apple, cored and peeled, then grated
- 50 g muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp black treacle
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml Kirsch or Vodka
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 g bitter chocolate 70% cocoa solids, grated
- 50 g plain flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- Soak the fruits, apple, sugar, treacle, olive oil and in the whiskey and leave overnight if possible.
- Mix together the spice, salt, grated chocolate, flour and cocoa powder.
- Place the egg into the soaked fruit and mix well, then add the dry ingredients.
- Place the mixture into the pudding basin and cover with a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Place a large piece of foil on top of a large piece of greaseproof paper, then fold in the centre to make a pleat. Place the pleated papers on top of the pudding basin. Tie a piece of string tightly over the papers just below the rim of the basin. With an extra piece of string, tie a loop across the top to help you lift the pudding in and out of the pan.
- Place a heatproof saucer in the bottom of a large saucepan and place the pudding on top. Fill the pan with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the basin, cover with a tightly fitting lid and bring the water to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer gently for about 1 hour, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Check the water every couple of hours and add extra boiling water as necessary to maintain the water level.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket