Making picnic food is always great fun but this dish is a real belter, a full meal in a loaf you can just slice and serve.
- 1 large cottage loaf
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon, cooked crispy
- 6 tbsp garlic mayonnaise
- 100 g sliced cooking chorizo
- 350 g cold tin of corned beef, cut into 5 slices
- 2 beef tomatoes, each sliced into 4
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 150 g pickled beetroots
- Pre heated oven 200C gas 6.
- Cut the loaf into 5 slices horizontally.
- Lay each slice onto a chopping board.
- Spoon over the olive oil evenly on the sliced bread, then season each slice with salt and pepper.
- On the large base slice of bread, lay the crispy bacon, sliced boiled eggs, chorizo and half the mayonnaise slices evenly.
- Lay the next slice of bread on top, and then lay over the sliced corned beef.
- Lay the next slice of bread on top, spread over the sliced tomato and the other half the mayonnaise evenly.
- Top with the next slice of bread.
- Finally, lay on the beetroots
- Top with the final crust.
- Place the loaf onto a very large piece of foil and wrap the loaf totally.
- Wrap in a second large piece of foil and squeeze nice and tightly.
- Place onto a baking tray and pop into the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and press nice and tightly. Again be quite brutal here; the more you press, the better the chilled loaf will cut the next day.
- Cool and chill well, best overnight.
- The next day, remove it from the fridge and take on your picnic.
- Open and slice to order.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket