This recipe is a brilliant way to use up leftover cake or pudding. But, of course, at other times of the year, any fruit cake will make an excellent substitute.
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 450 ml single cream
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 450 g Christmas cake
- crumbled cranberry compote, to finish (optional)
- you will also need a 900g (2lb) pudding basin
- Line the pudding basin with a double layer of cling film. In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, cream, créme fraîche, vanilla extract and brandy until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow plastic box and freeze until slushy (2 to 3 hours). Beat with a fork, then stir in the crumbled Christmas cake.
- Pour into the pudding basin, cover and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, turn out the parfait onto a serving plate and remove the cling film.
- Accompany with a spoonful of cranberry compote: fresh cranberries simmered until sticky in a syrup of sugar and water.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
Christmas Cake and Brandy Parfait
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.