A Tealoaf is a delicious cake and ideal with a bit of cheese.
- vegetable oil, for oiling
- 125 g potato flour
- 100 g tapioca flour
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Gluten-Free baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 225 g unsweetened chestnut puree
- 3 medium free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 100 g Stork margarine
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C / Gas mark 3. Oil and base-line a 23 x 13 x 7cm loaf tin.
- Sieve the flours together into a medium bowl with the spices, baking powder and xanthan gum.
- In a food processor, beat the chestnut puree, then add the eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together in a large bowl, use a hand-held electric whisk, and add the chestnut mixture; don't worry if it curdles. Next, fold in the flour mixture with a large metal spoon, and lastly, stir the cranberries in.
- Next, fold in the flour mixture with a large metal spoon, and lastly, stir the cranberries in.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Serve fresh, sliced and buttered.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket