- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, heaped
- 2 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped very finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 g fresh cranberries
- 3 Cox's apples, peeled and cored and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 ml cider vinegar
- 300 ml cold water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Add the cumin and nutmeg and stir around in the hot oil to release their wonderful aroma, but do not burn.
- Next, add the onions and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Finally, add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the cranberries and apples, sugar and some salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour in the vinegar and cold water, bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer gently for about 25 minutes.
- When nearly all the liquid has evaporated, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the olive oil and leave to cool.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket