- 800 g (800 g) turkey breast, long slices (200g per portion) with skin removed
- 150 g salted butter, soft
- 6 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 6 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp (4 tbsp) dried breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch (1 pinch) ground pepper
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 4 eggs beaten
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 250 g Paxo sage & onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ small onion, really finely chopped
- 200 g sausage meat
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 100 g fruit cake
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) chopped cranberries
- Heat the oil and add the garlic and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Tip into a bowl and add the sausage meat and mix well.
- Add the parsley, crumbled cake and cranberries and mix well.
- Season with pepper, then use instead of the garlic butter.
- Place each slice of turkey into an open plastic bag and add a little water.
- Using a rolling pin, gently flatten the meat until it's nice and thin; try not to make any holes
- Mix the butter, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs and pepper well together well.
- Place the butter into a piping bag and snip off the end.
- Pipe the butter onto one end of the piece of turkey repeat with the other 3.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg, then fold over and seal well, so you have a nice shaped sealed pocket.
- Next, dust each breast in cornflour, then beaten egg and finally Paxo mixed with the parsley, making sure the Kiev is coated really well.
- Then this is the crucial bit, chill well until the butter is very hard, probably hour or so.
- Heat the oil to 175-180 C.
- When ready to cook, place them into the hot oil and cook until light brown and crispy; this will take 10-12 minutes roughly.
- Or you can shallow fry the breasts in 2cm oil on both sides for a couple of minutes to brown nicely, then pop onto a wire rack on a tray and cook in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve with triple cooked frozen fries (Aldi or Waitrose)
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket