No Christmas would be complete without it. Not tried it? You don't know what you're missing. So here's my take on this lovely, hot yuletide drink.
- 2 bottles Baron St. Jean Rouge
- 100 g soft light brown sugar
- 3 oranges, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 lemons cut into 6 wedges
- 500 ml orange juice
- 4 tsp whole cloves
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 8 tea bags
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 150 g semi-dried prunes
- Place all the ingredients into a large saucepan (not aluminium) and gently heat, occasionally stirring, so the sugar does not stick.
- Do not boil, or the mulled wine will lose its kick.
- Using a ladle, carefully pour the wine into sturdy glasses. Include a wedge or two of fruit, and a prune, in each glass.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket