- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves
- 35 ml red wine (Shiraz or Pinot Noir)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 575 ml strong gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour, slaked with 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, and add the onions and garlic and brown really well.
- Cook over fairly high heat until they are well coloured, about 15 minutes.
- Add the red wine and boil for 2 minutes, then add the stock, thyme and jelly.
- Bring back to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce has been reduced by about half.
- Carefully thicken with half the cornflour and water mixture until you have a nice sauce consistency.
- Do not over thicken; you can always add a little more later.
- Season well with salt and pepper; you may want to add a touch more jelly.
- Strain through a fine sieve and keep warm.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket