- 5 kg turkey
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 900 g sausage meat
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 500 g breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 50 g hazel nuts
- 175 g peeled chestnuts
- 1 pinch fresh nutmeg
- Fry the finely chopped onions and garlic in about 2 tbsp of olive oil for two or three minutes, then add a touch of thyme.
- Add the Sausage meat and cook just enough to start releasing the fat. Season with salt and pepper
- Remove from heat and add eggs and mix in well.
- Add breadcrumbs to make a stiff stuffing as they will soak up the fat from the sausage meat as it cooks.
- Add roughly chopped hazelnuts and chestnuts.
- Add a generous helping of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Stuff the brined turkey.
- Put on an INDIRECT heat in the BBQ at 250C for about 5½ to 6 hours and baste every hour or so.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket