A nice easy soup, that will freeze easily and can be made well in advance.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped, no skin or bone
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped roughly but fairly small
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped the same size as the sweet potatoes
- 1 small carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 3 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 cold water, roughly
- 125 g self raising flour
- 60 g suet
- 0.5 egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash water
- 2 tbsp spicy horseradish sauce
- Heat the oil, then add the onions, garlic and chicken thigh meat.
- Cook for 5 minutes to take a little colour.
- Next, add the potatoes, veg, stock cubes and water, and bring to a boil.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then turn down the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and add a little salt.
- Mix the flour, suet, egg white, salt together, then add the horseradish, egg white and a little water and mix to a softish dough.
- Roll into very small balls the size of a large marble.
- Drop into the simmering salted water and cook for 20 minutes until cooked and puffed up.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and very soft, mash VERY roughly and keep a very rough broth consistency with big chunks.
- Add the cooked dumplings to the broth, add the chopped parsley, stir well, season, and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket