- 100 vegetable oil
- 2 fresh sweetcorn husks , if possible removed from the husk or 1 x 400g can sweetcorn drained
- 1 small cauliflower, in small florets
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 small potatoes, about 400g, peeled cut into 2cm pieces
- 600 ml boiling water, roughly
- 10 g vegetable stock cube
- 150 ml milk
- 55 g plain flour
- 50 g salted butter, very soft
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan, add the sweetcorn and brown nicely, then onions and cauliflower and cook gently for about 5 minutes, so it all takes a little colour.
- Add the potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the water, stock cube and milk.
- Bring back to a gentle simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the soft flour and butter really well.
- Carefully stir into the simmering chowder and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket