A nice easy soup that will freeze easily and can be made well in advance.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g squash, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped, cooked and well coloured
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped the same size as the sweet potatoes
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and chopped roughly
- 20 g vegetable stock , 2 cubes
- 2 litres cold water, roughly
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 200 g chopped climbing beans, chopped
- 200 g chopped chard
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 3 tbsp capers
- 150 g black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- little juice
- 2 small part-baked baguettes, cut on long diagonals
- olive oil
- garlic paste
- ground pepper
- Toss the squash in oil and a little salt and pepper, then griddle until nicely coloured.
- Pop into a saucepan with the cooked onions, garlic, potatoes, parsnips, apples, stock cubes, water and herbs.
- Season well and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the squash starts to break up.
- Once the squash and potatoes are cooked and very soft, mash carefully with a potato masher to break them up slightly; this will thicken considerably.
- Add the beans and chard and cook until the beans are cooked, probably 5-6 minutes.
- Season well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, paste the anchovy fillets, chop the capers, and place them in a bowl.
- Add the olives, olive oil, garlic, zest, and lemon juice, season and mix well.
- Lightly oil the baguette slices on the grill on both sides, then rub with a little garlic.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket