Fruity, American-style pancakes stacked with juicy citrus slices are simple yet look impressive. You can use the pancakes straight from the pan or make them well ahead and reheat.
- 225 g ( plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk Light, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 25 g butter, melted
- 300 ml milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 pink grapefruits, peeled, pith removed and cut into segments
- 2 oranges, peeled, pith removed and cut into segments
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the condensed milk, eggs and melted butter into the well with a little of the milk.
- Beat together with an electric hand whisk until smooth, then gradually add the remaining milk.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
- Ladle enough batter (about 4tbsp) into the frying pan to make small, puffed up pancakes, cook for about 1 minute, then flip over and fry for a further minute on the other side until golden and risen.
- Repeat to make 12 pancakes.
- Layer the warm pancakes with the citrus segments and generous drizzles of condensed milk.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket