Sounds a bit strange but trust me, they are really delicious, healthy and Gluten-Free.
- 4 medium free-range eggs, at room temperature
- pinch salt
- freshly milled black pepper
- pinch cream of tartar
- Pre-heat the oven to 230C Gas 8.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, taking care not to break the yolks.
- Place the whites into a mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and half a pinch of cream of tartar.
- Whisk over a medium speed until thick, glossy and creamy.
- Spoon 4 mounds of egg white onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Using a small spoon, make a small indent on the top of the meringue.
- Bake in the preheated oven straight away for 4-5 minutes.
- Once lightly browned and well puffed up, remove the tray from the oven, and add the egg yolks to the indent.
- Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes to warm the yolk through.
- Do not overcook, or the meringue will collapse and shrivel slightly, giving the whites a chewy texture.
- Serve straight away. You will be surprised how firm the meringue is.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket