- 12 slices of bread, crusts on
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked, or left over roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 8 ripe, baby plum tomatoes
- 100 g Iceberg lettuce, chopped very finely
- 4 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 8 rashers of dry cured bacon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat the grill, lay the bacon out on the grill pan, drizzle over the maple syrup and gently grill until nice and crispy but not burnt; keep warm.
- Toast the bread and keep warm.
- Mix the iceberg and mayonnaise, thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Lay 1 piece of toast on a chopping board, spoon on a little lettuce and mayonnaise, top with 2 rashers of bacon and a few tomato slices.
- Lay on the next slice of toast, a little more lettuce, sliced chicken and a few more slices of tomato.
- Make sure you season each layer with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Cut into triangles and skewer with frilly cocktail sticks, serve immediately.
- The only thing to drink with these delicious sandwiches is an icy cold beer.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket