- 12 slices of bread, crusts on
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 olive oil
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 8 ripe baby plum tomatoes
- 0.25 Iceberg lettuce , chopped very finely
- 4 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 8 rashers of dry cured bacon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Cut the chicken breasts open, season well with salt and pepper, drizzle over the olive oil and bruised rosemary, leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill, lay the bacon out on the grill pan, drizzle over the maple syrup and grill gently until nice and crispy, not burnt, keep warm. Next, grill or fry the chicken for 10 minutes on each side.
- Toast the bread and keep warm.
- Mix the iceberg lettuce and mayonnaise together thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Lay 1 piece of toast on a chopping board, spoon on a little lettuce and mayonnaise, top with 2 rashers of bacon and a few tomato slices.
- Lay on the next slice of toast, a little more lettuce, sliced chicken and a few more slices of tomato.
- Make sure you season each layer with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Cut into triangles and skewer with frilly cocktail sticks, serve immediately.
- The only thing to drink with these delicious sandwiches is a very cold beer
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket