Sumptuous and light prawn and coconut tacos.
- 12 king prawns, butterflied
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 g desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
- 250 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 1 small red onion very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- juice of 3 limes
- 150 ml orange juice
- pinch fish stock cube
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Tacos
- 4 tbsp coriander, picked
- 150 g finely shredded iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- 4 wheat flour tacos
- sour cream
- Coat the prawns in cornflour and dust off the excess.
- Coat each one in beaten egg, then into the coconut and breadcrumb mix and coat well. Chill until needed.
- Place the oil into a saucepan and heat.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli and cook over high heat to take a little colour.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, orange juice, stock cube, and cook down until you have a thickened sauce. Season well with salt and pepper keep warm.
- Heat 3cm of oil in a frying pan, add the prawns, cook for 2 minutes on one side, turn over and cook for a further 1 minute, drain well on a kitchen towel and dust with a little salt and ground pepper.
- Lay the tacos out and add a little shredded lettuce.
- Add 3 prawns to each taco, then spoon over a little sauce, top with fresh coriander and a blob of sour cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket