Chicken and mayo are a classic combination, and this curry sauce enhances it even more. If you can find it, smoked chicken is best for this dish, although plain cooked chicken would be fine.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 large glass red wine
- 1 large glass water
- 2 tsp mild Balti curry paste
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 400 g mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 25 g lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 350 g cooked or smoked chicken leg is the best, cubed
- 1 small Iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the chopped onion cook gently until softened but do not allow to brown.
- Add the wine, water, curry paste, tomato puree, stock cube and apricot jam. Bring to the boil, then simmer rapidly until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Place the mayo in a bowl with the chives, parsley and sesame seeds and stir together well. Add the cool red wine mixture and chicken and season.
- Spoon the chicken over the chopped lettuce and toss well to mix.
- Serve with crusty bread and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket