- 575 milk
- 55 g pudding rice
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 150 thick créme fraîche
- 4-5 tbsp heaped unrefined icing sugar
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 150 ml double cream, very lightly whipped with 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 350 water, roughly
- 175 g caster sugar
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, blanched, skin removed
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C, Gas 2.
- Bring the milk and vanilla pod to a boil in an oven-proof saucepan.
- Rain in the rice. Stir well, cover, place it in the oven, cook for 40 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Then remove from the oven and cool and chill well.
- Place the water, sugar and lemon juice into a pan, bring to a simmer and dissolve the sugar.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out all the seeds and juice.
- Pack the tomatoes into the syrup gently simmer for 15 minutes until the syrup thickens. As the tomatoes cook, gently push into the syrup. Try not to break them up.
- Once cooked, remove the pan cover with film and leave to cool, then chill really well.
- To serve. Place the chilled rice into a bowl and break up with a spatula. Add the créme fraiche, icing sugar and lemon and bring them together.
- Finally, add the whipped cream.
- Roughly chop the candied tomatoes, add them to the rice and cream swirling through. Then spoon over a little syrup
- Serve in 4 tumblers with shortbread fingers.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket