- 600 g turkey breast slices free of skin, (4 x 150g) cut into 2cm pieces
- 300 ml dry cider
- 1 pinch sugar
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Cox's apples
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cider, sugar, and chicken stock in a pan, bring to a boil, and then simmer rapidly until thick and syrupy.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
- When the oil starts to smoke, add the turkey and stir fry for about 10 minutes, adding a little salt and pepper. Do not overcook.
- When cooked tip into a colander and drain.
- Meanwhile, peel the apples, cut each into six pieces, take out the core, and cut each piece in half.
- Add the cream to the cider reduction and bring to a boil. Add the apples and cook for 1 minute, no longer.
- Add the turkey and basil to the sauce and stir to coat, then season again.
- Serve with couscous and green beans.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket