Make your own Crepe suzette with this quick and easy recipe.
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 200 ml milk approx.
- 25 g melted, salted butter
- finely grated zest of an orange
- 1 pinch each of caster sugar and salt
- oil, for greasing
For the Filling
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 ml fresh orange juice
- 50 ml water
- 25 ml Brandy
- 25 g cubed and cold salted butter
- finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- Place the flour into a large bowl, add half the milk and eggs and beat together.
- Slowly add the rest of the milk to make a thin batter, whisk in the melted butter, orange zest, sugar and salt.
- To make the sauce - stir the caster sugar in a pan over low heat until the sugar turns to caramel.
- Once the sugar is a deep colour, CAREFULLY add the orange juice and water stir carefully- you may need to stand back as it is likely to spit.
- Re-boil and reduce until you have a nice thick sauce.
- Once the sauce is finished, stir through the fresh orange zest, brandy and butter. Keep warm.
- Heat a little oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan until the oil begins to smoke.
- Pour in just enough of the batter to cover the base of the pan and cook until set and just brown on the edges.
- Flip or turn over the crepe and cook the other side until just set.
- Turn crepe out onto a plate and repeat to make more crepes using the remaining batter.
- To finish, warm the sauce in a shallow sauté pan, fold the crepes into quarters and place in the hot sauce to warm through.
- I like to serve these with vanilla ice cream and or double cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket