This relish is just made for crabcakes, with a little zing to perfectly complement the crab.
- 150 ml white wine vinegar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp black onion seeds
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cucumber, frozen whole and defrosted
- ½ garlic clove, finely crushed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the vinegar, sugar, seeds, chilli, salt and pepper into a saucepan and simmer until you have a nice syrupy texture.
- Place the cucumber onto a chopping board. Slice ½ cm slices lengthways, then into half ½ cm strips.
- Pat really dry with a kitchen towel, then place the strips into a bowl, along with the garlic.
- Add the cooled dressing and mix well, then add the olive oil and mix well, leave to rest overnight if possible.
- Re-season when about to serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket