- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Madras curry paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200 water, roughly
- 400 g cooked beetroot, roughly 4 medium sized ones any colour, cut into 0.5 cubes
- 4 tbsp thick créme fraîche
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Heat the oil, add all the curry paste and turmeric, cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the onion and garlic and cook again until they start to take a little colour on the edges.
- Stir in the tomato puree, stock cube and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce roughly by half the original volume.
- Add the beets and cook again gently until the stock is well reduced and coating the beetroot nicely, not too thick.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Remove from the heat and add the créme fraiche and swirl through, keep off the heat.
- Serve in deep bowls and top with a blob of créme fraiche and coriander.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket