- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 55 g chopped onion
- 150 ml red wine
- 150 ml water
- 2 tsp mild curry paste
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 425 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apricot jam
- 2 tsp fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 340 g cooked smoked chicken
- 1 small Iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the chopped onion and cook gently until softened but do not allow to brown.
- Add the wine, water, curry paste and tomato puree bring to a boil, then simmer rapidly until reduced to a thick sauce. Allow to cool.
- Place the mayo in a bowl with the jam, chives or parsley and sesame seeds and stir together well.
- Add the red wine mixture and chicken and season.
- To serve, spoon the chicken over the chopped lettuce and toss well to mix. Serve with crusty bread and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket