A great quick fix pudding that not only looks impressive but is simple and easy to create! (0.45 units of alcohol per portion)
- 4 finger roll brioche, sliced in half lengthways
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 100 Baileys Irish cream, optional, or similar cream liqueur
- 50 milk
- 25 g light brown sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter
- clotted cream
- Chinese five spice
- Whisk the eggs, yolks, sugar, Baileys Irish cream, milk until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow dish, then lay in the brioche, cut side down, and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Turn them over carefully and soak for a further 10 minutes.
- By the end, most of the liquid will have been soaked up.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan until just starting to brown, and add the brioche cut side down.
- Turn down the heat and cook very gently for 5 minutes, then carefully turn over, cook for a further 5 minutes until cooked right through.
- Serve 2 pieces warm overlapped with a large blob of clotted cream on top and a dusting of Chinese five-spice powder.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket