I am very happy to have teamed up with Daura Damm Gluten Free Beer and have created this Gluten Free recipe that is a perfect partner to their Gluten Free Beer.
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 600 g mixed vegetables; approximate prepared weight
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 400 g peppers, yellow, red and orange peppers
- 100 g courgettes
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
For the pesto
- 50 g pinenuts
- 50 sunflower oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 70 g fresh coriander
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes
For the pancakes
- 500 g chickpea flour
- 1 medium egg
- 150 Gluten-Free beer
- 4 tbsp chives, chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 220C, fan 190C, gas 7
- Cut into chunks of a similar size so that they cook evenly.
- Spread out all the vegetables onto a large roasting dish.
- Add the whole, unpeeled cloves of garlic. Then add the olive oil and turn the vegetables to coat them.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes until beginning to colour at the edges (not soggy). Turn the vegetables over halfway through and let the steam out of the oven.
- Remove the tray from the oven and season with pepper. When cool, squeeze the roasted garlic from the skins, chop and mix back into the roasted vegetables.
- Strain well, keeping the roasted vegetable oil.
- Place the pine nuts on a tray and bake until lightly browned but not burnt. Then cool.
- This will increase their flavour.
- Place the shallots, garlic, pepper, coriander, cheese, chilli and salt into a food processor.
- Mix the roasted veg oil with the sunflower oil, add half the oil and blitz until fairly smooth,
- Gradually add the oil until you have a thickish sauce; add more or less oil until you get the right consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl, taste and adjust with salt and pepper; sometimes, a squeeze or two of lemon brings out the flavour.
- Mix the chickpea flour with the egg, beer and chives to a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized non-stick frying pan.
- Add a good ladle of batter and swirl around the pan covering completely.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook until small bubbles appear on top, say 2-3 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for a further minute or so.
- Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with roasted veg tossed in the coriander pesto.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket