Chocolate swirl smothered in chocolate custard ... what a way to go. So here's one for any sweet tooth. A swirl of hot chocolate baked pudding, laced with double cream and buried under bitter and milk chocolate custard. Wow! Serve it with or without ice cream ... depending on whether you want to be able to stand up afterwards!
- 200 g marble cake, cut into 2cm cubes
- 568 ml double cream
- 568 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100 g Moser Roth 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 free-range eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- luxury dairy vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 160C, gas mark 3.
- Place the cubes of cake into an ovenproof square dish, roughly 24cm long by 4-5cm deep.
- To make the custard, add the cream and milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate into a bowl.
- Once the cream and milk are boiling, carefully pour onto the broken chocolate and whisk well.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a second bowl and whisk together. Then pour on the hot chocolate, milk and cream mixture and strain well through a sieve. Pour over the cubed cake.
- Place the dish into a deep metal baking tray, then fill the baking tray with boiling water halfway up the dish.
- Lightly oil a piece of foil, lightly cover the Death by Chocolate, and then carefully pop into the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until just set and wobbly. Carefully remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Serve in deep bowls with a large ball of luxury dairy vanilla ice cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket