- 500 g trimmed fresh sprouts
- iced water
- cornflour or arrowroot
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Trim the sprouts ten, cut ¾ through the top of the sprout, but not right through.
- Place in iced water and leave overnight in the fridge if you can.
- Next day drain really well, then spin in a salad spinner in 2 or 3 batches; you need to get as much water out as possible. Then pat with a kitchen towel.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 175C.
- Dust the dried sprouts well in starch, then carefully fry the sprouts in 4 batches making sure you take care stirring occasionally.
- Once nicely browned and cooked through, drain well.
- Once all cooked, season well with celery salt and black pepper.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket