Pork chops with a brushing of deliciously simple spicy sauce made from mustard, ketchup and honey. This dish can be grilled or baked, served with potato wedges and spicy roasted carrots, nice and mild.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp squeezy honey
- pinch or two of salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
Roasted spicy carrots
- 500 g Chantenay carrots
- fresh red chilli, medium heat
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ kg potato wedges, frozen
- Preheat the grill to a medium setting.
- Place the mustard, ketchup, brown sauce, sugar, honey, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Place the pork chops onto a chopping board, then nick the fat with a sharp knife at 1cm intervals.
- Place the chops onto a non-stick baking tray, spoon over half the sauce.
- Turn and spoon over the rest of the sauce. Lightly grill on one side for 7-8 minutes.
- Carefully turn over, and grill the other sides for 7-8 minutes or until well-browned - but not black!
- Take care to keep an eye on them - given the amount of sugar and honey involved, they can burn quickly.
- Serve with spicy roasted carrots and potato wedges.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Toss the carrots with the oil and finely chopped chilli, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until well-browned.
- Serve with the pork chops.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
Nick the fat at 1cm intervals. This is called French Trimming and will make the cooked result look even better, impressing your friends.