This recipe has a secret ingredient, Carnation Condensed Milk, and it gives the ice cream a sublime smooth texture.
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 450 ml double cream
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 150 ml milk
- 2 tsp coffee granules
- 2 packets Nestlé Munchies, chopped
- you will need: A greased and base lined 900g (2lb) loaf tin
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds into a large bowl (alternatively pour the vanilla extract into a large bowl).
- Add the cream to the bowl and whip until very thick. Pour in the condensed and fresh milk, mix the coffee granules with 1tbsp boiling water until dissolved.
- Add to the bowl and fold together until smooth.
- Pour the creamy mixture into a large shallow bowl and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and beat the ice cream. It should be quite thick at this stage. If not, return to the freezer for another hour.
- Stir in the Munchies and pour into the loaf tin. Freeze until solid (approx. another 2 hours or overnight).
- To serve, simply dip the loaf tin into hot water for about 20 seconds, then invert onto a plate. Or serve in scoops in wafer cones drizzled with chocolate sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket